2018 is seeing the rise of gaming, whether its awesome mobile games application developed by major and indie mobile developer company or big wigs of the gaming industry, consoles and PC.
Here is the list of best RPGs to look out for in 2018 in no particular order.
- Vampyr. It is an action RPG in which you play as a doctor who has become a vampire. It takes place in London 1918 during the Victorian era, which is right in the middle of the pandemic of Spanish flu; one of the famous historical events. The good doctor has to choose whether or not to stay as a good doctor or just be the old jerk and feed on the blood. Platform: PC, PS4, XBOX, ONE.
- Kingdom Hearts 3. It is from the legendary Kingdom Heart series which is a crossover between Disney and Square Enix. It is an action RPG form of the weirdest fanfiction of all time. A lot of people have been waiting for this game to be released because it is as influential as Zelda. Platform: PS4 XBOX ONE.
- Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. This game is a direct sequel from the big hit series of Pillars of Eternity, continuing in the same world but with the intention of finding new and different locations. Platform: PC Linux, macOS.
- Project Octopath Traveler. This game gives off the vibes of JRPG and the old school of RPG and it was produced by Square Enix. The characters have different abilities and comes from different parts of the world where the characters will battle using a different kind of weapons and elements. Platform: Nintendo Switch.
- Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord. It is the sequel from the Mount & Blade series and it looks a little bit similar to the Kingdom Come: Deliverance which is not fantasy oriented. This chaotic battle/combat simulation takes place during the Middle Ages and it is multiplayer gameplay with at least four multiplayer modes. Platform: PC PS4 Xbox One.
- Monster Hunter World. It is a part of the Monster Hunter series we’ve all known and probably the biggest version from the series. Enjoy the ultimate monster hunting in an open-world experience instead of dividing the areas into specific zones like the previous series. Platform: PS4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows